Winter is upon us, and you will need to be warmed up by a hot beverage this cold season. A mug of salted caramel hot chocolate, warm, bubbly and filled with delicious delight for you and your loved ones is exactly what you need.
Half-sweet, half salty and wholly healthy, is the perfect drink to make the cold go away while snuggling with loved ones over a family movie this festive season. The perfect blend of hot liquid beverage and salty-sweet frothy enchantment in a mug. What more, salted caramel hot chocolate counts as an aphrodisiac, which is sure to warm hearts especially among couples.
Hence, the recipe is intended for two to spread the love. It is straightforward to prepare, and even the method can be tweaked here and there to accommodate the number of servings and preferences.
No of servings : 2 mugs (for two)
Serving size : 2 cups or mugs each 300m1
Calories : 136 (each serving)
Nutrisystem : 1 Extra AND 1 PowerFuel
- Whipped topping (4) tablespoons
- Stevia (2) pinches
- Skimmed milk (2) cups
- Plain cocoa powder (2) tablespoons
- Coarse sea salt (2) pinches (same as stevia)
- Vanilla solution (2) tablespoon
- Caramel paste(2) tablespoons (no sugar additives)
- Put the milk in the kettle or a small to medium size pot.
- Turn on the stove and set the knob to medium heat.
- After a minute when the milk has warmed up, add the two pinches of stevia and cocoa powder.
- Whisk the resulting solution and allow it to dissolve.
- Continue heating for two minutes.
- Add the vanilla solution.
- Turn off the stove and pour hot chocolate on to the two mugs.
- To each cup, add two tablespoons of whipped topping.
- Drizzle caramel paste over the whipped topping for the two cups.
- Sprinkle the sea salt twice again, and your drinks are now ready.